How to reach Kornati National Park
- The park can be reached by any sea-going vessel, either your own boat or using the transport service of some local boatman or touristic agency in Murter or some other place on the Adriatic coast. Information about boatmen and tourist agencies which have permission for doing business within the park area, can be obtained in Kornati National Park Office in Murter.
- Location of the park is seven nautical miles from Murter and approximately 15 nautical miles from Sibenik or Zadar (North Dalmatia).
- Cruising, sailing, sport-recreational fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, swiming, hiking, wildlife watching.
Camping and lodging
- In the area of Kornati National Park camping without special permission is strictly forbidden.
- Visitors interested in overnight accomodation in the area of the park may contact any touristic agency in Murter who rent cottages on the islands and organize transport to the park.
- Anchoring and camping on the vessel is allowed only in 16 precisely marked coves (see Rules and Regulations within Kornati National Park).
Food and supplies
- Visitors can supply themselves with food and other necessities in Murter and surrounding villages.
- During the summer season, local inhabitants cruise with their boats around the islands and coves carrying the necessary food supplies for visitors staying in the park.
- On the islet Panitula Vela in the vicinity of the ACI marina "Piskera" (the central part of Kornati National Park) there is also a small grocery store with a fine assortment of goods.
- Most of the restaurants in the area of the park are open only during the summer season.
- Out of season, food and other necessities are available in Murter and other surrounding villages.
First aid and hospitals
- The nearest ambulance services are in the Murter (on Murter island) or in Sali (on Dugi Otok island).
- The nearest hospital is in Sibenik.
- The nearest hospital specialized for scuba-diving accidents is in Split.
- Visitors can get every information and also various brochures, publications, entrance-tickets and permits, at the park receptions (within the park area) which are open only during the season (from June to September), or in the premises of the Kornati National Park Office in Murter which is open during the whole year.
- The park is open year-round.
Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)